Tournaments are BACK! IG Invitational may 26-28, 2023
Hockey 35+ Division
Teams: 1. Green 2. White
Reg Due: Sunday, June 18, 2023
Draft Night: Sunday,June 18 @ 6:30pm (after final game)
Season starts Sunday June 25, 2023 Game time 5:30pm
Effective as of 7-1-22 hockey late fee of $50 will be added to any player who has not paid before they play.
ABOUT THE DRAFT LEAGUE
This league is designed for players over 35 years old on the first day of the session. The league operates in a true draft style format, so each team will contain a mix of all player skills, with all teams being very close in overall skill level. This creates a fun and competitive playing environment, great for players who may not have a team to play with regularly, for players looking to play an extra night of the week, and a great way to meet new people.
HOW IT WORKS
- When registering for the Draft League (DL), players will be required to list their age, preferred position, and if they would like to be a team captain.
- Once registration for the league has closed a lottery will take place to select the team captains (from all that indicated they would like to captain a team).
- IG will provide an info sheet of players and their IG rating and current league team for captain reference.
- Immediately following the Championship game on week 8 of the current session, the DL will conduct an organized draft where each team captain will have short timed window to make each roster selection (timing the selections will ensure a quick draft process). The lowest rated captain will pick first.
- The team with the lowest team rating will have first pick of goaltender.
- Once completed, the team rosters will be announced, as well as the team names, which each team captain will be allowed to select (either by themselves or with consultation from their new teammates).
- Jerseys will then be handed out to each team, which are provided by the DL for all skaters.
- The DL will be restricted in not only player age, but also in the number of teams competing (no more than six total). Each team will have no less than 7 players per roster (6 players and 1 goaltender), but no more than 9 players (8 players and 1 goaltender).
- The regular season will consist of 7 games, and upon completion, the top two teams will play in a championship game, with the other teams playing a consolation game.
- Each playing season moving forward, the same process will take place, with the draft taking place on the previous session’s championship night.
- League management reserves the right to allow goalies under 35 if there is a 35+ goalie shortage.
- Reg Deadline 1 week before previous season ends
- Draft Night: Last night of the previous season
- Regular Season: 8 weeks - 7 games plus Finals
- Games Sunday nights
- 7 game regular season
- 1 Champion & Consolation Games
- Jerseys provided for all players
- USA Inline Hockey playing rules utilized
- Season ending party for all players on last night of the season/draft for next session – IG will provide one pizza per team
- Standings Order: W-L-T-OTL
- Standings Sort Order: PTS, W, H2H, GF, GA